September 26, 2015

Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel Review


Hello hello! It’s been a while since our last post and we’re finally back with a new review! I was in Hong Kong last June and was on the lookout for a facial scrub. I was deciding between two Japanese brands when I saw this on the Laneige shelf at Sasa. I don’t know what it is about Laneige but I’m always curious about their products. Haha! Anyway, I ended up buying this one and have used it regularly since.



Product Decsription

The Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel is like a thick paste with non-abrasive Konjac beads called Mannan. They gently exfoliate impurities and remove dead skin cells without irritating the skin. It also contains a specialized fermented yogurt that soothes skin and neutralizes harmful free radicals.

Don't let the product name mislead you though! It says its a peeling gel but this works differently from the Cure Natural Aqua Peeling Gel. No actual balls/flakes rolling off your face with this one. :) This is a facial scrub more than anything else. 

It comes in a gradient pink plastic tube with a flip top cap. I like how the hole allows you to dispense just the right amount of product.

Price

HKD 145 (About PHP 840)

How to use

This is meant to be applied on wet skin after washing your face. Take an appropriate amount of the peeling gel (about 2cm) and gently massage on your face using circular movements. Rinse with water. Use 1-2 times per week. Avoid eye area.

Thoughts

The gel is thick and mushy, with fine granules and smells like strawberry yogurt. But don’t worry. Like most Laneige products, the fragrance isn’t overpowering. It’s a mild scent that adds to the experience of using this product.
I use this peeling gel at least once a week; twice if my skin is feeling dry, flaky or congested. After using this product, my skin is brighter, smoother and surprisingly, feels more hydrated. I’ve used more intensive exfoliants (AHAs and BHAs) so I find this one to be really mild and gentle. It does what it claims to do without drying out my skin- a rare thing with exfoliating products. 

Conclusion

While this product does a good job at surface exfoliation, don’t expect it to get rid of your current blackheads and whiteheads. You’ll need well-formulated BHA exfoliants for that. But if you are looking for a gentle scrub and have sensitive skin, you might want to give this product a try.

Will I repurchase? Most likely, unless I find a substitute. Any recommendations? :)



No comments:

Leave a Comment